Monday 6 January 2014

Plans for 2014

Hi all

Sorry for being absent for the past few months. Usually at the end of the year my schedule gets a little crazy and exhausting. But nevertheless  .....


There is something special about the beginning of the year - maybe it is the fact we can start over afresh and feel just oh so new. 2013 was an EPIC and AWESOME year for me and I hope it will be the same (or even better) for this year! Anyways I just want to share some goals, plans and dreams I have in store for 2014 - for life and this blog.

Eat Clean-er
Since as a teenager, I struggled with my weight for years. I was always overweight and in 2012 I decided it was time to take charge and persevere. I started at 87.5kg and through the Dukan Diet I lost 23 kilos in 10 months. 2013 was the year of maintaining and following through Dukan's stabilisation phase. I am proud to say that I have managed to keep the weight off!
So now for 2014, I want to take a step further and start to eat clean. Loose the extra fat and gain lean muscle. Start to portion control and eat good wholesome meals.


Finally finish my studies
I have been taking forever to finish my bachelor degree mainly due to academic reasons. When I first got into university, I was so slack and unmotivated that it greatly affected my academic performance. So I got back into university last year with the maturity and a mindset to succeed. And that is what I did - successfully completed one year with marks that were a lot better than my past years. Now I only got this year, 2014 to finish it off. I know it is going to be tough but hey I know it is possible.



Have more creative fun time
I love to be creative but I never set aside any time for it. I am planning to actually timetable it into my diary as a commitment and not as a 'if only I got time'. I think it is important to have this to de-stress and not worry about other things. Just spend some time to enjoy the moment of creating something. Also this will help finish my unfinished projects (those that are several years old hahaha...).


ORGANISE myself
This is a biggie. I am what I call an organised chaos. Everything is messy and all over the place yet I have managed to remember errands, engagements and stuff. But when I organise myself and plan day/week, I tend to be less stressed and feel more accomplished when I tick the to-do list. Also I always hear that planning helps you in the long run.




This Blog
I want to start updating this blog regularly and I think I can manage it by posting weekly. What would the posts be about? I don't want to promise anything but as long I can post a decent one each week, I will be happy. Of course the posts will most likely consist things about food and craft with a picture here and there. As long it is decent and I do it weekly (minus the weeks when I am travelling) I will have fulfilled this goal!



So those are my goals and plans for 2014. What are yours?


Happy New Year
Andrea




No comments:

Post a Comment